Thanks to a friends tweet I found a handy post on “The Week”Â which highlighted schedules of successful people and productivity tips around optimized daily appointments. Â Much of it rang true with me, so to prevent me from losing sight of it I decided to reiterate it here.
- Wake early, to get things going prior to insanityÂ starting. Before goals have competition.
- Many stick to a morning ritual.
- Set concrete goals for the day.
- Tackle important things early/first. Â The first couple hours of the day are our most productive, don’t waste them on email and/or meetings.
- Escape to a quiet place, distractions make us stupid. Â Avoid “drive-by” meetings, they will leechÂ your most productive time.
- We’re more disciplined in the morning, so take advantage of it.
- Energy is high – do creative and challenging work.
- Having troubles working on what is needed? Â Get in earlier.
SlowdownÂ blahs = regroup time
- Take a break, get a snack, take a power nap. Â Often a power nap is like a reset button.
- Re-enact the morning ritual to get going again.
- Review goals of the day.
- Focus on successes from earlier in the day.
- Energy is low – do busy work.
- Best time for meetings.
- Good time for a run. (personal note about me)
- Distractions can be a benefit when we can’t focus.
- Before dinner write down goals for following day.
- Do some relaxing activities.
- TV, video games, eating are not relaxing. #mindtricks
- Instead meet with friends, talk, play with hobbies. #truth
- Get to bed at a good time, lack of sleep makes us stupid.