Now that I have Skype installed on Ubuntu 13.04 I discovered that the various Skype sounds were distorted.Â It was almost like the sounds had some static mixed in with them.Â I thought it was probably just a problem with the new version of Skype, or the new sound drivers.Â However, I made a discovery that fixed the issue.
I tried the AlsaMixer fix, but it didn’t work. (A reboot simply resets the PCM to 100 again, and the sound is still crackly.)Â So it all came down to a simple file edit to get it fixed.
Edit the file /etc/pulse/default.pa using the command:
sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa
Add the following to the end of the line shown:
So after adding “tsched=0” to the end of the line “load-module module-udev-detect” you will be all set.Â After a reboot the sounds is still good.
Enjoy!Â Hope it works for you.